This is such a cute and simple craft! You are going to want to try this DIY and you probably already have most of the items you will need in your own home. Depending on the size of paintbrush you purchase these can be used as door hangers, tree ornaments, or gift tags. It is also easy to write on the back for keepsake memories.
Materials & Items:
- Hot Glue Gun
- Sharpie Marker
- Festive Ribbon
- Red Paint & Small Paintbrush
- Large Paintbrush
- Google Eyes
- Small Red Craft Pompoms
- White Pipe Cleaners
- Green Craft Foam
- Small Red Craft Rhinestones
- Paint large paintbrush using red paint & small paintbrush. Allow to thoroughly dry. Two coats may be needed.
- Hot glue three pipe cleaners on the metal ferrule of the large paintbrush, leaving space for the google eyes.
- Cut festive ribbon and hot glue directly above pipe cleaners.
- Cut green craft foam into two leaf shapes and hot glue directly onto far side of festive ribbon, pointing out and up.
- Hot glue three small red craft rhinestones at inner points of green leaves, resembling holly.
- Hot glue google eyes and small red craft pompom directly below three pipe cleaners in desired facial arrangement.
- Add hooks, ribbon, or attach to present.
Making this cute holiday craft was effortless. We made these last year and they were so fun for our son to hand out to teachers and friends last Christmas. Now that he is older, I’m excited to give our Santa Brush craft another try because I know he could help. There are many alterations to this cute little DIY for the holiday, so if you give it a try share your pictures!