We are always looking for quick, easy and healthy dinners to feed our family on weeknights. This is especially true after having Little Brother N and recently going back to work two weeks ago. A while back we found a rice bowl recipe that we fell in love with and still eat often. It used to take us about 40 minutes or so to make if we used different pans to cook the ingredients at the same time. While this isn’t a ridiculous amount of time, we switched up some components to cut our time in half and make it even easier. The initial recipe called for making rice, sauteing broccoli, and frying bacon. When we’re in a hurry, we use minute rice, a broccoli steamer pack, and cook our bacon in the oven while we work on getting other ingredients ready.
We separate the ingredients for Big Brother N because he’s not interested in mixing it together in a bowl. But, it still provides a decent, well-balanced meal for him. I hope you give this a whirl and enjoy it as much as we do!
- Minute Rice
- Broccoli Steamer Pack
- Soy Sauce (Optional)
1.Cook bacon (we cook 14 strips but use 6 in this meal) in oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes (if you like it crispy).
2. Follow directions on minute rice and cook in microwave. Set aside with lid.
3. Cook broccoli steamer in microwave (throw it into a hot saute pan for a couple minutes to char if you’d like).
4. While your rice and broccoli are cooking, chop veggies and saute as desired. (Feel free to get creative. We usually use onion and cilantro but forgot cilantro at the store.)
5. Fry eggs (we like our yolk runny to mix into the bowl).
6. Combine ingredients in bowl for a delicious meal! Add soy sauce as desired.
If you like this post, check out these JBJ posts too: