I am always looking for easy and healthy snack options. Something I’m not always willing to admit, however, is that I have an insatiable sweet tooth. If I have any vice in life, it’s my need for treats!
Enter Blue Coconut Berries. I love this recipe because it’s incredibly quick and easy. It gives me the opportunity to indulge in a sweet treat without too much guilt. It incorporates fresh fruit and the scrumptious flavor of coconut. Outside of the powdered sugar, this is a fairly healthful snack and one that I comfortably allow my toddler to consume.
Additionally, I like to say “Blue Coconut Berries” out loud for all of the inappropriate reasons I know you are thinking! (You are welcome to call these cute little treats “Small Blue Balls” if you prefer. This was, after all, a contending name choice for me when naming this snack.) Now, lets get our balls rolling…
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar Divided
- 6 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Blue Food Coloring
- Wax Paper
- Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Quart Size Plastic Bag
1. Rinse, Clean, and Skewer 3 Blueberries Per Toothpick
2. Line Blueberry Sticks On Wax Paper
3. Mix Coconut Oil, Powdered Sugar, Milk, & Vanilla in Mixing Bowl
4. Add Additional Powdered Sugar to Create Desired Consistency
5. Add Blue Food Coloring to Create Desired Blue Hue
6. Pour Mixture into Plastic Bag and Snip Corner
7. Drizzle Mixture Over Berries in Desired Pattern and Thickness
8. Refrigerate for 15 Minutes
If you give this sweet little treat a try, please let me know what you think. Also, I love variations and trying new things so please comment with your substitutions and suggestions.
If you liked this recipe, you may also enjoy: